Sunday, May 4, 2008

Banjir oh banjir




So long I never update my blog because due to my industrial training and also preparing my final industrial training report to send back to my university, now I already complete my final report and have time to start blogging again.

I met my first flooding during my drive back home after work. The flooding venue is Jln Duta near parliament building. The traffic that day I also have no idea why there were traffic jam start from the Sg besi army air base. The traffic is crawling along the way until the traffic became stagnant near the parliament building. The traffic remain stagnant for a long time makes me feel angry and uneasy and foul language start coming out from mouth scolding here and there (is a norm for unfolding foul language when driving in KL).

During my drive home at that day the sky was drizzling at the Sg Besi army base and the rain become very heavy along the way up to the parliament building. Then the truth unfold in front of me, gush of water flowing out of no where and in a short time no vehicle except heavy vehicle can go over. Moments after that heavy vehicle also cannot get across because of high water level. This flood block the all the traffic on both side. Since the traffic is stagnant I come out from the car and chit chat with other drivers. The flood come fast and also end fast, after some 5 minutes the water level begin to go low. I take this picture during my drive over the flood water and that time the water level is still quite high although the water level is subsiding and not much vehicle can cross over except heavy vehicle and 4WD vehicle. Thank god my vehicle is 4WD and with high ground clearance I can easily cross over and all the picture above I snapped it during the cross.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, its me!
wah, really seems serious!
bt its an excitin experience, isnt it?