Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Melaka trip 1

Me and my friend at Dataran Pahlawan

During the last few days me and my friend embark on an day trip to Melaka. Although Melaka seems like a very dull and boring place, but for your information although I been to Melaka a few times before but I never been to the places like fort A Famosa, St. paul hill etc. I only seen this places and knew this places on books but I never stepped foot on all this places before. Amazingly not only just me, few of my friend also have the same experience like me.

We first step foot on Dataran Pahlawan, nothing special there just a big field and a big open air stage just like Lake Garden located at KL. We stop there to take a leak and after that we go further into the heart of Melaka. The second stop is the famous red building and fort A Famosa. Nothing new there but near the red building lies a new excavation site , new remains of the wall of A Famosa had been discovered.

A lot of beca surrounding the fort

New excavation site

Me on St. Paul hill

We went on up to the St. Paul hill take some picture then loiter around there for sometime before coming down. We also went into a new building being build on the famous field that Tunku first announced the independence of Malaya. Just my 2 cent I few that there should not be any building just to preserved the originality of that place because that place play a big role in the road of independence.

No comments: